Starbucks Corporation is the leading roaster, retailer, and marketer of specialty coffee in North America In addition to a variety of coffees and coffee drinks, Starbucks shops also feature Tazo teas; pastries and other food items; and espresso machines, coffee brewers, and other assorted items. The company also sells many of these products via mail order and online at starbucks.com. It also wholesales its coffee to restaurants, businesses, education and healthcare institutions, hotels, and airlines. Through a joint venture with Pepsi-Cola Company, Starbucks bottles Frappuccino beverages and sells them through supermarkets and convenience and drugstores. Through a partnership with Kraft Foods, Inc., the company sells Starbucks whole bean and ground coffee into grocery, warehouse club, and mass merchandise stores. A third joint venture is with Dreyer's Grand Ice Cream. In addition, it distributes Starbucks premium coffee ice creams to U.S. supermarkets.

Logo

Logo

Search

Lemon Poppyseed Loaf



LEMON POPPYSEED LOAF
Starbucks Copycat Recipe

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 eggs, room temp
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons lemon extract
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup oil
4 tablespoons poppyseeds
zest of one lemon

Glaze:
1/4 cup water
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 x 5 loaf pan.

Loaf:  In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla extract, lemon extract and lemon juice with a mixer until blended. Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and blend until smooth. Add oil, poppyseeds and zest and mix well. Pour into loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. (It took an hour in my oven). Remove from oven and pour glaze over it, then cool in pan on a rack.

Glaze:  Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Simmer until reduced in half.


6 comments:

  1. I made this and it fell in the middle! I've never had that happen before on any recipe. Next time I'm increasing the baking powder to 1 tsp. I don't think 1/2 tsp is enough at all. Even my banana bread recipe calls for a full teaspoon of baking powder along with 1/2 teaspoon baking soda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something in this recipe isn't right. I used 1 full tsp as the other commenter suggested and mine still fell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this exactly like the recipe states, except I used 2 tbs. of poppyseeds instead of four, and I baked it for ten extra minutes. My cake is beautiful, and my friends race about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I followed the directions exactly and mine turned our perfect! I only baked mine for 50 minutes though cause my oven cooks a little faster.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrible recipe.... It was very very bland. I followed the recipe exactly as directed. I couldn't finish eating a single slice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Followed the recipe, turned out pretty close to the starbucks loaf. Thank you for the recipe

    ReplyDelete